Check Amazon Product Sales Data with the AMZScout PRO Extension
Amazon's global sales in 2021 were $468.78 billion. That is $64.34 billion more sales than in 2020, a 15.91% increase. Amazon's net income for the 12-month period ending on September 30, 2021, was $26.263 billion, a 51.14% year-over-year increase. Most of these sales come from the roughly 2 million active third-party sellers.
While the marketplace offers great potential, there’s a lot involved in choosing the right product to sell on Amazon. You need to find an item with a good amount of demand, a low level of competition, and solid profit margins. In addition to all of these things, your product should also sell consistently all year long.
- Choose a Product or Niche
- Install the AMZScout Pro Extension
- Search for Your Product or Niche on Amazon
- Analyze Product History Data Using the PRO Extension
- Analyze Niche Trends
- Try Different Searches and Keywords
- Bonus Step: Use AMZScout Tools for Additional Research
- Frequently Asked Questions About Selling on Amazon
Here’s how it works:
Step 1: Choose a Product or Niche
Based on your criteria, choose a product, niche, or market that you think would be profitable to sell on Amazon. Some examples are “hedge clippers”, “oven mitts”, and “camera bag”.
AMZScout’s Product Database is a great way to generate product ideas for Amazon FBA and to do additional research. Here are a few of the things it can do:
1. Open the AMZScout Product Database. This is included in the AMZScout Seller’s Bundle with a set of powerful product and keyword research tools.
2. Log in to start.
3. Set product criteria. Use the search filters to set your product criteria. You can filter items by sales, price, weight, ratings, or other important traits. If you are unsure what criteria to use, you can use one of pre-made Product Selections filters to start.
4. Select the Trending Products filter, if you only want to find items with a positive sales trend. This will ensure the results only show items that have been trending upward over the past few months.
5. Review the results. Click Find Products. If you don’t find any items that you like, you can adjust your search with new filters.
Step 2: Install the AMZScout PRO Extension
AMZScout’s PRO Extension lets you quickly and easily estimate sales, calculate trends, and perform an analysis automatically for any item or niche you’re considering selling. This post outlines a step-by-step process for how to check sales of a product on Amazon using the PRO Extension.
1. Click here to get the AMZScout PRO Extension.
2. Once it’s installed, you’ll see the AMZScout icon in the top corner of your browser.
You’re now ready to start tracking monthly price trends and sales data, using a wide range of easy-to-understand graphs, reports, and estimator tools.
In addition to showing product trends, it also lets you see important data like estimated total monthly sales and orders, price, competition levels, and other helpful statistics. You can also compare different items to find the best ones. If you’re wondering how to get amazing insights on Amazon products, this is the easiest way.
Step 3: Search for Your Product or Niche on Amazon
Go to Amazon.сom.
Type your item, niche, or keyword into the search bar at the top.
Enter your search to view the results on Amazon.
While looking at the best seller rank for all of these products will give you some idea of what their sales are now, it won’t tell you what their sales were a few months or a year ago. Remember, sales fluctuate all year, so analyzing an item’s current ranking won’t help. This is where the AMZScout PRO Extension can assist you and keep you ahead of your competitors.
Step 4: Analyze Product History Data Using the PRO Extension
1. Click the AMZScout icon in the top right corner of your browser.
2. Click the arrow to the left of the product you’d like to check.
3. Check historical data for that particular product. Click on Product History.
4. Check if the item has sold consistently over the last year. Analyze the graph.
5. Check how the price has fluctuated. Analyze Price History.
6. Check how the rank has changed throughout the year. Analyze the Rank History.
Product history will show you how an item’s sales, price, and rank have been changing. You can see when sales were at their lowest and when they were high. You can also track changes in price and rank, as these can impact sales as well. Based on this information, you’ll be able to predict if sales will increase, drop, or stay the same. When it comes to following product trends, this is the best solution.
Step 5: Analyze Niche Trends
In addition to checking the trends for each individual item, you can also see trends for the niche as a whole by clicking Niche History. Like product history, you want to see consistent sales throughout the year to be sure it’s a good niche.
Step 6: Try Different Searches and Keywords
If your research indicates that your first product idea isn’t a good match for your business, you may need to edit your ideas and keywords. Try different searches to see if you can find an idea that’s more promising. For example, searching for “coloring book” will yield much different results than simply searching “book”.
Here are a couple of suggestions that can help:
1. Get a list of new products associated with that keyword. Click the arrow to the left of a product, then click Get Keywords.
2. Find a list of new keywords associated with the niche you’re looking at. Click Niche Keywords at the bottom of the screen.
You’ll be surprised how many great new product ideas these tools can generate.
Frequently Asked Questions About Selling on Amazon
How Do I Find How Many Sales a Seller Has on Amazon?
You can find an Amazon seller’s sales using the AMZScout PRO Extension.
Search the seller, go to their storefront, and launch the PRO Extension. Export the data, and add the estimated monthly sales for each product together.
How Do You Find the Number of Sales a Product Has on Amazon?
To check Amazon product sales for a particular item, you need to know how to use the AMZScout PRO Extension. Search for the product that you want to analyze, and open the tool. This will show you the estimated monthly sales for the item. By clicking the provided metric, you can see a chart that shows the product’s sales for its entire Amazon history.
How Do I Find the Sales Volume for Amazon Categories?
You can find the sales volume for Amazon niches using the AMZScout PRO Extension. Search the niche in Amazon and open the tool. In addition to sales estimates for individual items, it will show an average for the niche. Multiply the average by the number of products to get a total volume for the top products.
How Do I Find the Hottest Selling Items on Amazon?
The AMZScout Product Database makes it easy to find the most in-demand products.
Enter a search into the tool and select the Trending Products filter. This will ensure that the results only show items that have grown by over 20% in the past 3 months.
How Do I Check a Product’s Amazon Sales Rank?
You can find a product's sales rank by using the AMZScout PRO Extension. Search for the product you are interested in and open the tool. The results will show the product rank for each item along with other important metrics. When you click the rank for an item, the extension shows a chart of how the rank has changed over time.
Does Amazon Provide Sales Data?
Amazon provides comprehensive sales reports for your business, but you can’t access sales data from other sellers.
What Is an Amazon Basics Product?
Amazon Basics is a private label brand owned by Amazon. Products under this brand are generally simple items listed at very low costs.
How Do I Find My Monthly Sales on Amazon?
You can find your monthly Amazon sales data by going to Reports > Business Reports > Sales and Orders by Month from your Seller Central account.
How Do I Find My Sales History on Amazon?
You can find your Amazon product sales data in your Seller Central account by going to Reports > Business Reports > Sales Dashboard. Change the date range to custom and select your business start date.
What Products Sell The Best on Amazon?
Amazon sellers can find the best-selling products on the Best Sellers page on the Amazon website. This will show the top performers for each category.
Checking sales trends is a crucial step in finding items that will be profitable for you to purchase and resell on Amazon. For those wondering how to see sales and price trends, the answer is AMZScout’s PRO Extension.
This extension allows you to quickly check an item’s sales history and watch trends to determine whether it’s only popular at this moment or will be a long-term winner. This will allow you to better develop strategies that will help you manage a successful business and improve your sales for years to come.